ACCOUNT & PROFILE SETUP
How to publish and update my profile ?
1. Click the “+” on the top left corner
2. Click Profile Photo to update Photo
3. Fill in the information, like Basic Information, Language and Skills and etc.
4. Publish Your CV
How to change your password?
- Login to our Mobile App
- Go to “My” at the bottom menu
- Change Password
- Input Current Password
- Input New Password and Re-Enter New Password to confirm
* Note: Password requirements: Minimum length is 6 characters.
How to reset your password?
- Open our Mobile App
- Go to Login Page
- Click “Forgot Password?” under LOGIN
- Input your mobile number
- Click Get Code to receive SMS Verification code
- Check the verify code from SMS
- Input verify code
- Input new password
- Finally click Submit to confirm update.
Don’t interview a helper and expect them to automatically know what you need done in your home. Have a plan in mind. Where do you want the helper to lean? Do you want her to organize the kitchen, pick up the children’s playroom, make the beds, clean toilets? If you don’t have a clear set of goals in mind, you won’t get the best work out of a helper. Be sure to indicate your goals to your candidates.
Then make sure the candidate can handle each of the tasks. If you have a problem area in your house, like a streaky refrigerator door or a soap scum in the shower, ask how they would handle it.
Below are some sample questions.
Motivation Related Questions
- Why do you want to work in Hong Kong?
- Why do you want to work as a domestic helper?
- Why do you want to transfer?
- Do you need to support your family financially?
- Do you need to remit money back home monthly? (If yes, it could mean she needs money and may therefore be more motivated and focused to work)
Skills and Experience
- What can you cook? Can you tell us how to prepare it?
- Can you tell me how to operate the washing machines/cooker/vacuum machine and etc?
- What could you do if you think my child need to be scolded and punished?
(a) For Experienced Maid
- What do you do in your previous employer’s house?
- How many people are there in your previous employer’s house and who are they?
- What will you do if my child crys non-stop and I am not around?
- How to make baby sleep at night?
(b)For New Maid
- Do you need to do housework at home?
- Do you have children at home?
- Do you like kid and are you willing to learn how to take care of kid?
Expectation and Requirements
- I have one baby who is 4 months old and she will wake up once at midnight and you will need to feed her.
- Currently I have 5 people in the house and four months later, we are going to have one more kid. Will the duty be too heavy for you?
- I need you to wake up at six in the morning to prepare breakfast for my kid? Is 6am too early for you?
- Do you have sibling? Where are they? (Sometimes, if their parents fall sick and she is the only child, she may need to return home to take care of parents)
- Do you have boy friend, when do you plan to get married? (if within 2 years, then the maid may need to go back for marriage)
- What are you most concerned/worried about back home ?
- What would you do if you are not happy with us?
- What do you expect from us?
- What would you do if you think you have too many things to handle?
- What is your definition of a good employer?
- Will you share with us any unhappiness or difficulty that you face?
Use of Mobile Phone
Usage of Mobile phone creates many conflicts in many helper-employer relationship and you better have an agreement with the helper on this before signing the deal)
- We understand you need to use the mobile phone to communicate with family members, friends or others. When do you think is an appropriate time for you to use it? When do you think it is inappropriate for you to use?
- Can you describe your daily work activity like what time you wake up and what you do?
- What do you think a good domestic helper should possess?
- What is your strength as a good domestic helper?
- For transfer maid, you may ask why she wants to leaves her current employer?
- Do you practice any religion?
- Do you have any medical conditions? Do you take any medications?
1) Employer Details Online Form
http://bit.ly/2Rzx3xz or Download Here
2) Sample wage receipt for Foreign Domestic Helpers
3) Sample receipt for Payments Upon Termination/Expiry of Employment Contract
4) Notification of Termination of Employment Contract with Foreign Domestic Helper (ID 407E)
Do you need an employment agency?
If you are hiring a domestic helper from the Philippines, whether you need to use an agency depends on the circumstances of the domestic helper you are hiring.
If you are hiring a domestic helper from Indonesia, the Indonesian government absolutely requires you to hire through an agency for all visa processing.
Why choose 1maid2?
We are an employment agency registered in Hong Kong. We promise not charge domestic helpers, NOT even the prescribed commission (10% of the first month salary) by Labour Department. All Applicants are welcome to use our platform to find a new job.
We currently connects foreign domestic workers from the Philippines and Indonesia with employers in Hong Kong.
How do we start if I want to hire a domestic helper?
Step 1: Register an account and create your AD in our App
Step 2: Search your candidates, you can use “Search” or “Shake it!” to find any candidates who are online
Step 3: “Chat” directly with the candidate or make a voice/video interview request through our interview appointment system
Step 4: Start you voice/video call with the candidate through our App at your desired date and time
Step 5: Give an offer to your candidate through “Hire” and start your hiring process
Step 6: Our professional service team will contact you once your candidate accepted the offer
Information that will be publicly displayed
Hiring and Payment Procedure
Congratulations ! You’ve found your favourite foreign domestic helper. This is the hiring procedure:
1. First of all, make the payment through our mobile app or website, you can also deposit the payment through Bank, ATM or FPS (Faster Payment System) to the following account:
Bank Name : Dah Sing Bank
Account number : 040-7-7932802468
FPS ID : 7102163
Account name : 1maid2 Limited
2. If deposit the payment directly to our bank account, please provide the receipt and transaction number, notify us via WhatsApp 9547 8844. We will confirm with you upon receipt.
3. Submit the employer information through the web link below.
Employer Information Submission
4. After reviewing the employer information, our operation team will contact and instruct you with the next step.
Do I need domestic helper insurance during employment?
Domestic helper insurance is required by Hong Kong law and as an employer, you need to obtain Employee Compensation Insurance coverage. It is very important for you to be conscious to make the right decisions to gain the highest efficiency from your deal. There are a number of things you should be careful of while choosing the best deal for you and chances are you’ll end up being satisfied with your choice.
Do I have to pay for a domestic helper’s medical expenses?
According to the Labour Department’s Standard Employment Contract guidelines, employers must provide free medical treatment and emergency dental treatment for domestic helpers. It doesn’t matter if the injuries or sickness are related to work.